This section of our site gives all of our latest news and press releases on changes and improvements to Southeastern train services as well as articles on the transport industry as a whole.
29 Apr 2022
- Great value deals still available on Southeastern trains in the Great British Rail Sale which ends on Monday 2 May
- Offers available for travel up to Friday 27 May
20 Apr 2022
- Southeastern says all the money recovered in 2021/22 will go ‘straight back into the railway’
- 84,000 Penalty Fares issued - with almost 20% going to court for non-payment
- Fare dodging ‘not worth the risk of prosecution or extra cost says train company
- More staff on gatelines will protect interests of passengers and taxpayers
19 Apr 2022
- Tickets are available on selected journeys across the Southeastern, subject to availability, for travel between 25 April – 27 May 2022
- Tickets go on sale from 19 April and the offer runs until 2 May 2022.
22 Mar 2022
- Megan convinced mum Jaqui to join her at work and the railway relatives never looked back!
15 Mar 2022
- Southeastern donates abandoned bikes left at local stations to YMCA West Kent
09 Mar 2022
- Just in time for the brighter, lighter days and evenings, Southeastern has increased the number of Advance Tickets passengers can buy, allowing for cheaper travel on journeys across Kent, London and East Sussex.
07 Mar 2022
- As an advocate for women in rail, Southeastern’s initiatives – providing support from pregnancy loss to the menopause – help women throughout their career journeys
- The number of female drivers has doubled in the last four years as applications rise to a record high
04 Mar 2022
- Modernised waiting rooms, seating and benches and car park lighting to be rolled out at a number of stations
- £330,000 investment in CCTV to be installed at train depots and sidings to improve the security of the network and deter would-be vandals from damaging the railway
- Work began last week, to be completed by April, and will include a number of benefits to Southeastern colleagues
22 Feb 2022
- Six additional off-peak services on the Maidstone East-London Blackfriars route – boosting capacity between Kent’s county town and the City
- Extra trains will complement the existing service, calling at West Malling, Borough Green & Wrotham, Otford, Swanley, Bromley South and Elephant & Castle
- New services will complement existing services between Maidstone and London Victoria as well as morning and evening Highspeed trains from Maidstone West
- Four more Class 707 City Beam trains now in daily service – meaning 14 now in operation
15 Feb 2022
- Jennifer became the first woman in five generations of her family to join the industry