Customers across the Southeastern network are reminded to check their timetable this weekend, ahead of the introduction of a new timetable on Monday morning.
The improvements are based on feedback from customers, stakeholders and analysis of customers' travel patterns across south east London, Kent and East Sussex.
Overall, the changes will see more of Southeastern’s ‘City Beam’ trains in operation as well as 100 additional services throughout the week – with improvements across Southeastern’s Metro, Mainline and High Speed services.
Steve White, Southeastern’s Managing Director, said:
“We're absolutely committed to providing a better, more reliable and sustainable railway across south east London, Kent and East Sussex. Our new timetable will be introduced this Monday and is the result of analysis of customer journeys as well as detailed feedback from customers and stakeholders across our Metro, Mainline and High Speed services.
“As a result we'll be providing more trains and more seats in London, the Medway Towns and North and East Kent. Customers can check their timetable now on the Southeastern website or by using our online journey planner.”
The main changes include:
In the Metro area:
- More City Beam trains in service on weekdays and at weekends, providing a more modern, air-conditioned environment and specifically targeted to the busiest services, providing additional space where it’s most required
- Additional morning peak time trains in the Metro area targeting areas to reduce overcrowding
- Four additional morning peak services from Albany Park
- A better spread of departure times for Hayes to Charing Cross services
On Mainline services:
- An additional fast service in the morning peak period from Maidstone East to London Charing Cross leaving at 7.43
- An additional service in the morning peak period from Ashford International to London Cannon Street leaving at 6.44
On High Speed services:
Alongside the ongoing refurbishment of our High Speed train fleet, we will also introduce additional services to reinstate a half hourly service on weekdays between St Pancras and Faversham
- From St Pancras to Faversham between 07:20 and 20:20
- From Faversham to St Pancras between 05.00 to 18.02
This timetable supports our growing railway, but we recognise these changes will not address all feedback from all stakeholders. As such, we are planning further improvements to our timetable in June next year and we look forward to sharing more details of these in the New Year.