June this year saw the start of a major deep cleaning programme on all 338 of our Mainline and Metro trains. The special project is now at its halfway point, with the last train due to be delivered in April 2019.
- Cleaned almost 6 miles of carpets
- Washed more than 16,500 windows
- Used 20,000 hours of resource
- Cleaned 313 lavatories
- Replaced 3,500 seat covers
- Re-filmed 6,500 windows to protect against graffiti
- Replaced 800 seat cushions
Mark Johnson, Engineering Director for Southeastern said:
“Our trains are cleaned daily but the difference with this project is that it has brought together exterior hand cleaning, polishing, deep interior clean and enhanced repairs to the interiors. So far we have used 20,000 hours of resource and we do hope that our passengers are starting to notice a difference”.
The project has all been delivered by a team of cleaners and engineers, partnering with Servest.